Monday, August 1, 2011

Converting your laptop into a router/Wifi Hotspot



There is always somthing cool you can do when you have a laptop , an internet connection and lots of spare time(like me :P ) . I am recently finding problem is syncing my Android phone with my laptop and while I was trying out every possible trick to sync it , then I came across another cool thing which I thought can intrest my blog readers . There was also a massive response to my previous blog on Cain and Able.


So If you dont have a router and a single network connectivity through your Etherent card but you want to connect other devices as well then what should you do ?
Here is a simple solution to you. By using a simple software called Connectify you can convert your laptop into a router and can access other devices through it like your mobile phone , another laptop , game device etc .
You can download connectify from here - DOWNLOAD CONNECTIFY.

Simply follow the steps on screen to install connectify.
After you are done wih installation you have to make some small settings to start your work with.
You will have to set up an SSID for the router as the name to be identified as the network .


Then select the type of network you want to share with , it can be your wireless internet or your LAN etc.

Once you are done with it , your laptop is ready to function as a router. The following screen shows how my HTC is connected to my laptop to access the internet through it.

Hope you would love to experiment with this cool software .You can also bridge the connections to bring out more connectivity amongst your different options.
Post your commments and queries here.

DARKLORD!!

11 comments:

  1. really an awsome post..a must needed software

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Abhinav , Great work with your blog.love your posts.. Again you have brought a good post and a common problem that many people face when they have sinlge internet device but multiple connecting devices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. please provide the software for windows vista and xp

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello friend ..the feature of virtual router is not available in older versions of windows..this will surely not work for XP but it may run on Vista SP2..so you wont find such virtual router softwares for xp or vista..Hope this solves your problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey dude...connectify gives blue screen error and wont let my mobile(galaxy ace connect to nternet)..but now im using "mhotspot"....its the best alternate for connectify....no need to install it even
    site: mhotspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. @krissh : thanks for sharing this information.. :)(

    ReplyDelete
  7. The way of your thinking is very original. These articles would be the masterpieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I downloaded and it's working but none of my gaming systems or my android can access it.It says can not obtain ip address. Any suggestions? thnx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The software worked perfectly. Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  10. admin can u tell me ? how to share my internet my lapi to wifi enable mobile with out any third party software step by step on windows 7



    BTW this post is nice :)

    tnx

    ReplyDelete